Transparent liquid silicone rubber belongs to platinum cured silicone rubber, It consist two components, 10:1 or 1:1 mix ratio RTV silicone rubber that cures at room temperatures and cures even faster at slightly warmer temperatures, vacuum degassing is recommended for de-airing. After curing, is a High transparency platinum cured silicone rubber elastic material that has exceptional tear strength and working properties. Flexible, easy to peel-off and heat resistant, silicone rubber is the material of choice to create jewelry molds.
- Deep section cure, high transparency
- Excellent tear and tensile strength
- Good dimensional stability, with little shrinkage
- High heat resistance (-50~250°C)
- Certified food safe
Transparent Liquid Mold silicone is specially formulated to meet the needs of manufacturing jewelers. This two-part liquid silicone is strong and durable with a very high tear strength. It is mainly used to create production molds directly from carved waxes. The clear color makes it easy to detect air bubbles during the vacuum process and exact the positioning of your mold line during cutting.
Do not exhibit shrinkage upon curing so they are useful for casting dimensionally stable parts for highly accurate prototyping and model making applications. Transparent slicone rubber are great for Jewelry molding products, which is widely used for artificial jewelry, resin Jewelry, artificial necklace, artificial bracelet etc.
Transparent Liquid silicone strong makes molds that are extremely strong, tough and tear-resistant, another reason they will last and last despite repeated use. It’s perfect for complex molds, difficult undercuts and spirals and cores.
How to Use
Step 1: Prepare the Original Molds
Make your original molds perfect. fix it on a board. And fix the original mold on a board , then used four piece of board to enclose the original molds.
Step 2: Applying A Release Agent
Although not usually necessary, a release agent will make demolding easier when pouring into or over most surfaces.
Step 3: Weighing
Determine the volume of silicone needed to fill your mold, Measure desired amount of silicone and hardener separately in two measuring cups.
Weigh the two-part exactly by electronic weight. If not, for example, add too much catalyst, the operation time will be too fast to operate, which will cause inconvenience to operate.
Mixtures are determined by weight, not volume.
Step 4: Mixing
After dispensing equal amounts of Parts A and B into mixing container, mix thoroughly for 3 minutes making sure that you scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing container several times.
Mixing must be done thoroughly and evenly or you will be left with uncured parts, and if you are too vigorous, air bubbles can be a problem, unless you have a vacuum degassing chamber.
Step 5: Vacuum pumping
Mixed transparent liquid silicone (A+B) are thick and have a high viscosity, After mixing parts A and B, vacuum degassing is recommended to eliminate any entrapped air in pourable liquid silicone rubber. Vacuum material for 10-20 minutes, making sure that you leave enough room in container for product expansion.
Step 6: Pouring
For best results, pour your mixture in a single spot at the lowest point of the containment field. Let the rubber seek its level up and over the model. A uniform flow will help minimize entrapped air. The liquid rubber should level off at least 1/2” (1.3 cm) over the highest point of the model surface.
Atmospheric temperature and humidity vary from season to season. In winter months the pot life and curing time will be nearly twice their summer values. Demould will be 24hrs depending on ambient temperature and humidity.
Time to demold can be reduced by applying mild heat.
- Because no two applications are quite the same, a small test application to determine suitability for your project is recommended if performance of this material is in question.
- This material is not compatible with sulfur-based modeling clay. Testing is recommended to avoid chemical reaction between the liquid with "surface of the container.
- To prevent inhibition apply a sealing agent, apply a “barrier coat” of clear acrylic lacquer sprayed onto the clay surface.
- This material has a by-weight mix ratio. An accurate gram scale is recommended.
- Mixing must be done thoroughly and evenly or you will be left with uncured parts.
- Transparent liquid silicone are thick and have a high viscosity. To get rid of air bubbles in your silicone moulds you have choices Removal of air by vacuum.
- Use the silicone and hardener that came together in the same kit. Using one brand’s hardener with another brand’s silicone may keep the mixture from curing.
- Do not cure rubber where temperature is less than 10°C, Because it will be hard to cure.
Shelf life is 12 months from the date of production. Store material at room temperature (73°F/23°C). Storing material at warmer temperatures will also reduce the usable shelf life of unused material.
- Transparent liquid silicone rubber have been approved by FDA, which are neither toxic nor harmful to human skin. Therefore, no special treatment precautions are required. If you want to wear gloves, Wear vinyl gloves only. Latex gloves will inhibit the cure of the rubber.
- Avoid splashing into eyes. If it occurs, rinse with plenty of water immediately and consult a doctor.
- Adult Supervision Required. Keep Out of the Reach of Children.